Full Day Whungee Whengee Canyoning | Blue Mountains
Another gem among Blue Mountains canyons. Deep, dark and mysterious, Whungee Wheengee is without a doubt one of the very best canyons you'll find anywhere. There are abseils, glowworm lit tunnel swims, rock scrambling, water jumps and duckunders.
What makes it Great:
- A canyon adventure in a stunning setting and breathtaking views
- National park fees, all technical equipment and instruction provided included for a hassle-free experience
- Small-group tour ensures a more personal experience
- National Park fees
- Nationally qualified and highly experienced instructors
- All technical equipment and instruction (abseil gear, wetsuit, waterproof backpack, climbing shoes, harnesses, helmets and ropes)
- A waterproof camera
- Transport from our office to the canyon (and return of course!)
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure times & locations
- Departure Point: 207 Katoomba St, Katoomba NSW 2780, Australia. A 5-minute walk from Katoomba Train Station. Free all day parking around the back of the hostel.
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point around 5 PM
Your day at a glance:
- The approach is via the Wollangambe exit track, then up and over the next ridge.
- A 10 metre abseil takes you to the canyon floor. The canyon then narrows dramatically with several more abseils up to 15 metres and a few duck unders with pitch black tunnel swims.
- The final spectacular section is called the green room, with its magical filtered light. We then descend the middle section of the Wollangambe Canyon passing 2 excellent water jumps on route.
- The walk out is about 1.5 hours.
Things To Bring
Dress for the weather, wear running or hiking shoes and bring water and camera. For Canyoning bring running shoes to get wet, swimsuit and waterproof camera. If you don’t have one we supply a waterproof camera free of charge. We also have helmets fitted with Go Pro mounts.
Travelling with children
Not recommended for child aged 14 and under. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Whungee Whengee Canyon - Blue Mountains. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
About High and Wild Blue Mountains Adventures
High and Wild has been leading the way in Blue Mountains adventure tours since 1989. We are fully insured and licensed by National Parks and Blue Mountains City Council. We are a group of skilled and passionate outdoor adventurers. Our aim is to provide people from all parts of the world and all walks of life an opportunity to experience the beauty and wonder of the Blue Mountains.
Departure Point: 207 Katoomba St, Katoomba NSW 2780, Australia. A 5-minute walk from Katoomba Train Station. Free all day parking around the back of the hostel.
Departure Time: 8:00 AM